Are you tired of paying full price for clothes that everyone else has? Do you want to find unique pieces that no one else has? Thrifting is the perfect solution! Colorado is home to some of the best thrift stores in the country, with a vast range of options from vintage to modern.
Top Thrift Stores in Colorado
- Arc Thrift Stores: Arc Thrift Stores, also with multiple locations throughout the state, have a reputation for having high-quality items at affordable prices. They offer a wide range of items from clothing to furniture and home decor. Plus, they have a rewards program that allows you to earn discounts on future purchases. The Arcs usually have better toys and high priced items as they do not ship their donations off to be sold online.
- Eco Thrift: With locations in both Denver and Aurora, Eco Thrift is a great option for those looking for sustainable and eco-friendly options. They have a vast selection of clothing, shoes, accessories, and household items, all at affordable prices.
- Goodwill: Goodwill has multiple locations throughout Colorado, making it a convenient option for thrifters. They have a wide selection of clothing, shoes, accessories, and household items. They do also sell online, so the stores tend not to have the high value or awesome collectable items. Be sure to look for the “Outlet world” locations. This is a whole new shopping experience, where you dig through bins and generally pay by weight of what you find. It is not for the faint of heart as these stores usually have high competition for certain items.
- Buffalo Exchange: Buffalo Exchange is a buy-sell-trade store with locations in Denver and Boulder. They specialize in vintage and unique clothing items and offer cash or store credit for gently used clothing and accessories.
- Plato’s Closet: Plato’s Closet, with locations throughout Colorado, is a great option for those looking for trendy and stylish clothing at a fraction of the retail price. They specialize in buying and selling gently used clothing for teens and young adults.
- Small Mom & Pop Thrift Stores/ Flea markets: The best places are usually the small shops or flea markets that are not big name stores. They have usually have better deals and a friendly attitude. Some only take cash, so be sure to check before heading out.
Tips for Thrift Shopping in Colorado
- Go often: Thrift stores receive new items daily, so it’s essential to go often to find the best deals and unique items. Try to visit your favorite thrift stores at least once a week.
- Check for sales: Many thrift stores have weekly or monthly sales, so be sure to check for these before you go. You can save even more money by shopping during these sales.
- Shop out of season: Thrift stores often have items from the previous season on sale. For example, you can find winter coats on sale in the spring or summer. Shopping out of season can save you a lot of money.
- Check the quality: When shopping at thrift stores, it’s essential to check the quality of the items you’re purchasing. Look for any stains, holes, or damage before buying.
- Try everything on: Thrift stores often have unique sizing, so it’s essential to try everything on before purchasing. This will save you from buying something that doesn’t fit correctly.
How to Find the Best Deals at Thrift Stores
- Know what you’re looking for: Going into a thrift store without a plan can be overwhelming. Know what you’re looking for, whether it’s a specific item or a general idea of what you want.
- Shop on weekdays: Thrift stores tend to be less crowded during the week, so you’ll have more time to browse and find the best deals.
- Check social media: Many thrift stores post their latest finds on social media, so be sure to follow your favorite stores on Instagram or Facebook.
- Look for brand names: Thrift stores often have high-end or designer items at a fraction of the retail price. Look for brand names when shopping to find the best deals.
- Be patient: Thrifting takes time and patience. Don’t be discouraged if you don’t find what you’re looking for right away. Keep searching, and you’ll eventually find that perfect piece.
Best Times to Shop at Thrift Stores
- Mondays: Many thrift stores restock on Mondays after the weekend rush, making it a great day to find new items.
- Saturdays: Saturdays tend to be the busiest days at thrift stores, but they also have the most significant selection of items and sometimes sales.
- End of the month: Many thrift stores offer discounts or sales at the end of the month to clear out inventory before restocking.
- Holidays: Thrift stores often have holiday-themed items, so shopping around holidays can be a great way to find unique decor or clothing.
- Early morning: If you want to beat the crowds, try shopping early in the morning when the store first opens.
Conclusion and Final Tips for Successful Thrift Shopping in Colorado
Thrifting is a great way to find unique and affordable items while also supporting sustainable and eco-friendly practices. With these tips and tricks, you’ll be able to thrift like a pro in Colorado. Here are some things to look for in thrift stores. Remember to go often, check for sales, and be patient. Thrifting takes time, but it’s worth it when you find that perfect piece. Happy thrifting! Check out our items for sale here. And out eBay store here.